Pokerdom security system allows you to effectively protect your gaming account from hacking and frauds using two-factor authentication. All poker-room users can take an advantage of this protection system and to enable it you do not need to receive any SMS.
Protection is enabled and operates by means of one-time security codes that are generated by a mobile application or browser extension. Pokerdom Two-Factor Authentication is applied to all smartphones and personal computer operating systems.
Please note that Pokerdom is not responsible for funds on the game balance if Two-Factor Authentication functionality is not activated.
How to enable Two-Factor Authentication?
Option 1: Use a mobile application
1. Make sure your smartphone camera works and you have installed an application that generates two-factor authentication code. For example, Google Authenticator app or Authy.
2. Log in your account on the official Pokerdom website. If you are not logged in, click on the "Login" button in the upper right corner of the website and fill in your details to enter your account.
3. Once you have entered the website using your credentials, click on your Profile.
4. Enter the Two-Factor Authentication section.
5. Click the "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" button.
6. Scan the QR code on the page using two-factor authentication mobile application. In this manual Google Authenticator app was used.
7. Enter the code generated by the application into the field under the QR code and click "Enable 2FA"
8. If the operation is a success, the following notification will appear.
Now, every time you log in your profile or gaming application, along with your username and password a one-time security code will be required. To obtain this code, run the application that you used to enable security option, and use the code that appears on the screen. Google Authenticator application code looks as follows:
You have 30 seconds to enter the code. After that application will generate a new code. Application and code generation are operational even without internet connection.
Option 2: Use a browser extension
If your phone does not support the first option, you still can enable two-factor authentication and use it without any troubles. It can be done with a special browser extension called Authy. It can be used in Google Chrome and Safari browsers. Google Chrome-based manual:
1. Open Google Chrome browser and follow this link to Authy program page in the app store.
2. Click "Add to Chrome" button in the upper right corner.
3. Once the application is installed, its icon will appear in the upper right corner next to search bar of your browser.
4. Click on the icon to activate the application. An application registration window will open.
5. Enter your phone number in international format. This is necessary for a one-time verification in Authy via a call or SMS. It is internal program codes that will be used to enter Pokerdom. Click OK.
6. Enter your e-mail address. The address may differ from the account in Pokerdom.
7. Select the verification method for the data you entered and click on the corresponding icon.
8. If you chose SMS, a new field will appear where you have to enter the code received by the phone.
9. Once you have entered the correct code, Authy registration form will fold and the corresponding application will open.
10. The application states that you have no services connected. It's time to go to Pokerdom site and connect the two-factor authentication.
11. Log in your account on the official Pokerdom website. If you are not logged in, click on the "Login" button in the upper right corner of the site and enter your details to log in to your account.
12. Once you have entered the site with your credentials, click on "My Account".
13. Go to "Account Security" section to two-factor authentication enabling page.
14. Click "Enable Two-Factor Authentication".
15. On the next page you will see a QR code and a line of numbers below it. Run Authy application, click the red plus sign, copy the line of numbers under QR code and paste it into the appropriate field in Authy.
and paste it into the appropriate field in Authy.
16. Click Add Account. On the next page, select the service logo and add a name, for example Pokerdom. Click Done and Accept on the next page. Also set password for Authy application on the Account page.
Now, every time you log in your profile or gaming application, along with the username and password a one-time security code will be required. To obtain this code, run the application that you used to enable the security option, and enter the code that appears on the screen.